Google
 

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Little Bugs Finger Puppets Free Crochet Pattern


These little bugs are the last of the finger puppet patterns. (for now anyway).I used a G hook and worsted weight scraps. Color changes are optional and as the mood (or scraps) move you.
Ch 4 and join
Rd 1: ch 1, 6 sc in loop and join
Rd 2: ch 1, 2 sc in each sc and join
Rd 3 - 5: ch 1, sc in each sc and join
Rd 6: ch 1, sc in next 3 sc, ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 3 chs, sc in next 6 sc, ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 3 chs, sc in next 3 sc, join
Rd 7: ch 1, sc in each sc, skipping over the legs, join
Rd 8: ch 1, sc in each scand join
Rds 9 - 14; Repeat 6, 7 and 8 twice
Rd 15: sc, sc DEC in next two st, 2 sc, sc DEC in next two st, 2sc, sc DEC in next two st, sc and join

Embroider facial features

Topknot: (optional) Use 2 - 4 strands of yarn and attach to top of head as if you were making fringe, trim to the length you would like it and separate strands to fluff them up.
Wild hair: (optional) Thread a yarn needle with worsted weight yarn. Make 3 or 4 large loops and then cut loops, tie using a square knot, trim to the length you would like it and separate strands to fluff them up
I also have these finger puppet patterns:

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Wow...you stay so busy! I may have more fabric for you soon if you can use it. I've been making a lot of stuff for the grands.

Unknown said...

these are so cute

Doris Sturm said...

Thanks so much for this pattern. I don't like giving candy for Halloween, so I'm making a bunch of these to give to the little ones in costumes. I have tons of specialty yarn that I can play with and make them all look a little differently.

kids creative chaos said...

I love these! I am going to try it as I teach dramatic play classes to preschoolers! Just pinned to my scavenger hunt on pinterest - expect lots of new traffic this week :-)
http://pinterest.com/kidschaos/pin-it-online-scavenger-hunt/
Hope you'll visit our blog too.